Sunday, December 20, 2009

Just have Faith

The recurring theme of my study this month. I really wanted to write down a few things I have found from the Prophets about Faith and what has taught me this month.

President Thomas S. Monson has counseled us that “faith and doubt cannot exist in the same mind at the same time, for one will dispel the other”
  • Can I have faith that because this door is closing SOMETHING else isn't going to open.
  • How can I not doubt that we would not have what we need when the real provider is our Heavenly Father.
  • Why do I always forget that in order to have faith we usually have to DO something? And sometimes that "something" is humbling ourselves and asking others for help. Only because those people have probably ASKED for some way to give service to another.
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin taught how to respond to adversity. Part of his counsel included :The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable”
  • This month STUNK... but I remembered how much I LOVE Dallas. Going out together on ONE date made me remember that we love each other. That we care about each other and we can laugh and love and make it more enjoyable while we are miserable :)
  • And really, we have been through worse, so we will just pick ourselves back up and move on!
Last but no least : Prayer.. I think I have done more soul searching, tear strewn prayers in the last three weeks than I EVER have since my mission. The feelings of the Spirit are very strong. Its the rest that overpower and I forget to listen.

For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of love and of a sound mind........ A scripture that I will always remember. Be not thou therefore afraid......

I am worried, but I am not afraid. I have no doubt, and hope that what I feel right now, the peace... is faith.

No comments: