Monday, August 15, 2011

1 Month old.. baby Grayson

Can you believe that Grayson has been with us for a MONTH! What a month. We love him so much and are so thankful that he is here. There are some major adjusting going on in this house but none the less we are grateful for the blessing that he is.

At his "man" appointment he had gained a pound and a little more. Huge blessing for me to see the numbers going up. With Tyler I tried and tried to give him breast milk but it didn't really work. Not for lack of trying. I think the stress and the situation didn't help. But this time I was determined to feed this toot and a month into it and we have given him a few swigs of formula ( WHICH HE HATES and ends up gagging or over eating to spillage of vomit) but otherwise it is all me! ( he does get bottles but I pump. A lot. But I am actually GETTING stuff this time)

He as reflux. Poor kid is so sad some days. When we finally got 2 meds going he had cried himself hoarse. It was sad. Now he does really great and even better when someone is holding him... all day. Nights, are nights. He wakes up a lot and he eats and he goes to sleep. He cries a lot in the early mornings but I think I know why at this point and we will see what we can do.

Overall he is such a miracle and a blessing. After the struggle to actually get pregnant and the struggle we have staying pregnant, I can't even begin to express how much this little boy means to us. I thank my Heavenly Father Daily... and multiple times for both of the boys.



1 comment:

The Henrys said...

Awww, he's gorgeous! I'm very happy for you and your family!