Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Guilt


I have guilt.

The selfish kind of guilt.

Some days it is easier than the next.

Other days it is so in my face that I can't help but break down and actually have to face it.

I feel guilty that I put my son through hell.

I feel guilty that all of those scars on his sweet body I allowed them to do .

The thousands of mini burns on his eyes, I signed a paper that said they could do that.

The battle wounds that grace his perfectly round head I allowed them to do that.

I watched day after day while he was on a ventilator, praying that God would give me MY baby to take home.

I prayed for him to live.

I asked others to pray for him to live.

I am selfish.

Yet every day I look at him and wish it were easier for him.

I take him to therapy.

I give him kisses.

I read him books.

I make him laugh.

He gives me kisses.

He makes me laugh

And I love him.

I am selfish.



2 comments:

Chantel said...

I am sorry, that must be so hard for you. The world is a better place because Ty is here :) He is SUCH a sweet boy and draws people to him.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

But you did all those things cuz you love him! He is better for having you as his mommy!!