Thursday, July 24, 2008

The funny kid


I am going to be a mom and brag about my funny kid for a minute. The last few weeks and months have been so fun to see things click with Tyler. He is so much fun. He spends the days entertaining us all.

When I left for work on Monday I left 2 boys playing leap frog in the living room. Ty was laying down for Dallas and trying to Jump. He is so smart. He watched Barney play leap frog and he was playing all alone so D jumped in.

Then me and Dallas were watching Ty go through a song of telling us his ears could hear and his eyes could see and he was pointing to all the right parts and laughing when he got done. He would point to all our parts when it got to us singing it with him.

He is drawing circles ( they don't look a THING like a "real" circle) but they do have lots of jagged edges and they start and finish in the same spot. He makes a little noise he learned while he does them.

The best is when we lay down for a nap and he covers up his head. ( Yes Grandma L he sleeps with a blanket on his head just like his mom) and he moves his little blankie and he smiles and I tell him that I love him a million and he says back " I love you."

In a little over a month and a half I will have an official 3 year old. Never did I expect motherhood to be like this. It is way better than I could have imagined.

4 comments:

Grandma Labrum said...

He is getting so big! What a great smile. Can't wait to see him. Can you ship him up to me? Does he remember to give Eskimo kisses?

Tiffini said...

He is so cute!!

Nicky said...

He is so big! I'm telling you, pack him in a box (poke holes for him to breathe) and ship him up here. I miss my lil man!

Little Miss Lexi said...

You should come check my blog out. I have a new post.