Sunday, August 28, 2011

Speech Evaluation


Since getting disability and starting back on the band wagon we got a private speech evaluation so we could start private speech. No speech evaluation is the same. This evaluation along with the last one used the same test but this time he was able to get the "older" test.

We started the test with Miss A and he did really well. This was the first time that I had seen him actually listen to what they were asking and then try to answer correctly. The hardest part is when Tyler doesn't know the answer but wants to answer right and looks at me with these longing eyes. He wants to be right. He wants to make me and Miss A happy. I was happy to see how well he did but it broke my heart that he just couldn't do some things. I was also happy to see that positive reinforcement by Miss A was made.

Ty is very much not speaking as a 6 year old. He qualifies for 2 sessions a week but will probably only get one because of how funny insurance is. But he is getting more than we were getting at Shriner's and I am so thankful.

So speech is set up. That makes 2 therapies. OT Evaluation will be in a few weeks.

Welcome back.. right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad he finally got the help he needs to live as full a life as possible. I think every child deserves that without a long drawn out battle to get it.