Saturday, July 2, 2011

Discovery Museum

Our friend Amy and Oli ( and her 2 new sweet girls) invited us to join them at the discovery museum. We were super excited and left to met them right when the museum opened. Ty has been there before and the first time was kinda a bust. He liked it but he needed a lot of help. While I don't mind helping it is nice to have your almost six year old be able to do some things all on his own.

I told Ty we were going to the discovery place and he said " Oh to make some music and play with Balls!" He also asked about the big construction job and was planning on taking his tools. He seemed really excited and I was a little surprised that he even remembered. We last went with my mom and dad in the winter. He was a lot better at playing that time too.

We met up with Amy and got into the museum and played on the balls. I watched Amy's little girl until she was ready to try something else while Amy went on her way into the other part for Oli. Ty and V played really well and we went to play some music and get both of them into the other part.
untitled-1

Ty went right for the water play and I let him. I figure if I just step back and let him go he might do better. I was right. He did a great job. He played on his own. I offered him a stool and a boat but otherwise the rest was up to him. I knew the upper floor was not really his thing so staying on the main level was fine. I just wanted him to enjoy it.
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
We did play a bit in the under 3 place but only cause I wanted to sit down for a bit. He doesn't like the farm and isn't that interested in the store so it isn't a huge deal to just play on the other side.

We went to the play house and we had a good time but he was really interested in the construction zone. So we went on over.
<span class=
<span class=
He played well with the other kids and he did really well on the crane and the pulley.He even tried to help another kid.
<span class=

<span class=
<span class=
What a great OT activity too. He was actually trying to get the pulley lever to move around and around. It was a tough one.

He also wanted to put on the construction clothes.

<span class=
<span class=

It is funny to see that he is wanting to try things that he hasn't been interested in the past. In fact trying to get him to wear a hat up till recently has been impossible. But since he has wanted to he has really been into certain imagination play.

We left and headed to McDonald's for a yummy filled lunch and germ filled afternoon. It was a lot of fun. I love spending time with Amy. She is definitely a mom that gets it and I get her and I especially love watching her with the girls.

I am very proud of the things that Tyler is doing. How big he is getting and how much he is advancing. It is hard to see things go so slow sometimes. Sometimes it feels like we all are in slow moving tunnel. But as he gets older he does change. This next month is going to be a whirl wind for him.


No comments: