Sunday, March 13, 2011

*Yawn*

For five years I have dreamed of a time that Tyler would 1) sleep in his own bed and 2) sleep through the night. I has happened a few times and those times are GLORIOUS. Though sleeping in his own bed through the night usually means he wakes up around 5 or earlier. But it is pretty peaceful for me.

During the last week we have had pretty good sleeping. He gets into my bed early enough that I can fall deep asleep before being pounced on and woken up. But 2 times last week he was up before 5. A very lovely early start to Disney Junior but I can't handle that early. It makes me have morning sickness and throw up for the rest of the day.

A few times we have had such a bad time getting him to sleep that when he is finally asleep we don't want to wake him even if it is going to make him run late for the bus. The bonus is that he actually gets his sleep.

Yesterday, after a fun filled grandma and grandpa and kids day Tyler was exhausted. The kids left and we tried to unwind. It ended in tears, crying, gagging and the works. Finally I just picked him up, put him in the tub and walked away for a second to get his stuff. After meds and more crying and screaming he decided to sleep in his bigger bed.

He ended up with me 5 minutes later and slept until the "daddy get back." D put him back in his bed around 10. For the next 3 hours every 7 minutes Tyler was up and in my room. Around 1 we were both to tired to fight him and stuck him in our bed.

Knowing that we are going to be bringing a new baby home makes me a little nervous. I have been sleep deprived for 5 years. I guess what is a few more. If anyone has suggestions that we haven't tried ( we have tried melatonin, crying it out, benadryl, benadryl with melatonin and crying it out and we are even currently on MEDS used to sedate kids) send them my way. If not at least take the kiddo so I can get some rest!!

No comments: