Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Christmas letter card-



If I wrote one of the infamous Christmas letter cards that I LOVE getting this is what mine would say. But first, the reason you didn't actually get one is because I am far to behind in life to really GET them out.

Tyler is doing amazingly well. This time last year we were not talking and we were just getting out of casts and working really hard in therapy. Sometimes between then and now we have had an EXPLOSION of words. We have full on conversations. He tells us what he wants and doesn't want and he is VERY opinionated about what we should be buying at the Store.

His favorite things are: going to the store, going to burger kind ( Mcdonalds) to play with the kids, the Kids ( Kayden and Koy and Lexi), mom, dad, Mickey Mouse, School and Handy Manny.

He dislikes: sleep, therapy, not getting his way, not getting movies at the store and the kids having to go home.

Dallas is working for a company called MOKI networks. He has the HARDEST commute on the planet and drives just down the road to Thanksgiving Point. 3 minutes tops! He still does IPHONE stuff and loves it and would love to some day do it on his own again.

Nancy stays home with Tyler. He goes to school a few days a week where I get to enjoy a little nap and clean the house. I am NOT a great housekeeper and that is going to be a goal for next year. I love being the mom. I am not a great cook either so that needs some improvement. But My true love is the little man that comes home at noon who wants to tell me all about his day.

After more than 2 years of perinatologist, reproductive endocrinologist, high risk ob's and my regular trusty OLD OB we are FINALLY welcoming a new baby into our world between mid July to August 1. Official due date is August 1 but due to complications in my body we will be having a baby early but not too early. Keep an eye out for more concrete plans as they come.

As a family we have enjoyed so many new things this year. We are venturing out of our comfort zone in order to try new things. We are encouraging Tyler to do more activties and we are participating in them in hopes he will enjoy them. We plan to do the zoo, the farm and the discovery place a million times this summer so I can sit, watch and enjoy as well.

We want to wish our family a Merry Christmas and a happy and Safe New year. We hope that as time goes on we will embrace the true meaning of Christmas and the time if giving, sharing and loving.

“This Christmas, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.” President Hunter 1994


For this is my Christmas wish to all I know... May I be an example to those who need one and may I follow the lead to those who have lighted the path. Merry Christmas..

2 comments:

Nicky said...

He likes Aunt Nicky Poo Poo! :)

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Thanks! And Merry Christmas (late) to you and yours!