Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad - Grandpa

Dear Dad/Grandpa/Cat,

Happy Birthday. I won't tell everyone how old you are but 1956 must have been a FULL year. We are so happy to be back in Utah with you guys this year and can't wait to see you on Friday. We are thankful that we get to see you more often.

We have a lot of things to be thankful for this year. Since last year we have moved back to Utah. Thanks to your help we made it safe and sound and we got our things here. We know it was a long drive but we are SO thankful for you moving expertise and hope that we stay put ( at least in Utah) for a few more years. ( or months, until we get the move bug again.)

We are thankful for the time you have spent with Tyler so that he could get to know you. We are sorry that he doesn't talk but glad he can call you a CAT! He loves your kisses and loves to "pet" your "cat."


I will always remember the first time you held my baby. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you were there for me and for him. I can't imagine what the car ride up to Salt Lake was like when you heard that we were coming so EARLY. I know what you face looked like when you gave me a blessing, the next day and for several times after that. Tears came from both of us.

Tears still come as you see Ty become better and learn more and share more. I can't thank you enough for taking him with you and letting him be him.


There are 4 boys and 2 girls that ADORE their grandpa. You know that they are so happy to have you there with you. They are lucky to have a grandpa who spoils them rotten. Who never wants to see them in pain, go without or even not see you.

I am thankful for all the things you have taught me in my life. For all the things that you have done for me, my family and for my future family. Thank you for giving us the foundation to build a testimony from.

Happy Birthday. We hope you have a good day!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww how lucky you are and your kids are for a papaw that can be that involved.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

How sweet! I love the Santa pic! So cute!! Happy birthday to your dad!! Don't take for granted having him around!! :)