Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to Routine

I am so excited to get back to a routine tomorrow. Ty is going back to school. I want to be one of those moms where I love them home all the time but frankly I LOVE him home with me all the time but he gets so bored and really really need the interaction with the other kids. His socially awkward behavior is even worse when he has me FULL time.

Tonight I had my sisters kids over and he was SO tired after all of our activities today that he couldn't handle the stimulation with the other kids. He needs the routine of the other kids.

Today was a good day though and I am sure it was the end result of why we had a few meltdowns. Ty's therapist had a baby so the therapy was canceled so we took a mental health day and we went to the swimming pool. We got there about 10:30 and we didn't leave until almost 1. He was starving and had a food meltdown and then a meltdown for about an hour when we got home. Once he got into a movie I was able to get him to stay un meltdown for a while.

I have been trying to not get upset or angry at him for anything, keeping in mind that it isn't his fault he can't communicate with me. Stepping back and taking a deep breathe and going back into asking him all the things I can to figure out what is wrong.

So back to the grind of heading to school and back to the grind... housework, book, movies and loves..... what a life!

No comments: