Sunday, August 2, 2009

Preschool 2009




Wow, this week has FLOWN by. I can't believe it. It was a busy, fun filled, life changing week! But, lets start on Wednesday where we left off

Ty's school was unexpectedly changed to start a little earlier than they anticipated and since bus schedules were all ready made we knew we were in for an early morning. Ty needed to be up and going by six to make the bus at 7:07 AM. For those that know and love me ( ha ha) early morning wake ups mean I am a BEAR! Ty is not a good eater that early. Apparently he isn't STARVING by morning so I have to force feed him. So I was stressing the bus would come and he would still be chilling and all food faced. Plus, I had a docs appointment at 7:30 am giving me just enough time to send my kid on the bus and RUN to my appointment.

So in True Ty fashion he surprised me. Ate really well, got a shower in and allowed me to take partial pictures while we waited for the bus. He had to take blanket and I was so worried he would have a freak out.

And then.. in true Tyler fashion he surprised me again. When the bus came he acted like he was going to cry, but Dallas walked with us out of the house and I put Ty on the top steps and he took Brandi ( the aides) hand, waived at Connie and acted like an old pro getting on the bus. He watched out the window and waived at Dallas and I took some pictures.

I always go to the window he is on, put my hand to the window and wave. He smiled and waved. And not a tear was shed from Tyler ( or mom for that matter) and he was off.

I ran to my appointment, came home and grabbed my camera and headed down to his school so I could peek through the window. I got there just in time for Circle time and to watch him sing, smile and clap. WALK to his chair and pick his own colored paper.

He was happy as could be. I left feeling SUPER good about our choice to move his class.

Some new things we are doing this year:
Ty was moved to a different class with a different teacher. I liked his teacher last year but I don't think it was the right class for him. I think overall he was in to big of a class. They had ten kids and this year there is 4.

Last year he was in a high chair type chair and was restrained and it bugged me. He was not unable to sit on his own so why give him a chair that he didn't need. I didn't like that he couldn't get in an out of it without help so I asked this year he didn't get put in it.

Last year he had a really bad speech lady. I mean REALLY bad. After six months when I FINALLY wrote a note asking for an update she asked me if he even made sounds. I was LIVID. He does make sounds. So I gathered up a few of his favorite puzzles, books etc and sure enough guess who babbled away. So this year I asked for a new speech person.

So it looks like those are the good on School.

Enjoy looking at his cute photos. He wouldn't look at me on a few of them but he still looks so cute and so grown up.

P.S. I used the new picnik stuff for the slide show. I kinda like it. Better than the collages that don't have enough space!!

3 comments:

Amber said...

ADORABLE!!! I LOVE all the pictures of Tyler!!! It sounded like he (and you) were real brave and had a great time at school. It sounds like it is a great class with great teachers!!!!!

Madeleine said...

WTG Tyler!!!! The pictures are so cute, he is such a big boy!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Ok so I'm commenting on your most recent post, but this is meant for your "explanation" post.
I can't believe there are really people out there that are THAT insensitive??? Christlike? Riiiight....
Good for you for still keeping up the blogging!