Saturday, February 14, 2009

Home Again!

I am amazed at how quickly Ty bounces back after one of these things. I do have to say this one is a little more involved in his tummy so he is not walking to hot. He walks like an old man really.

OK so here is the run down at the hospital.

Ty got sick, puked a bunch of times. We got to the hospital and got right back because of the fact we "thought" it might be his shunt. We immediately got back to get some CT scans ( immediately means 2 hours) and the doc in the ER thought is was probably just his lungs.

The scans came back with an enlarged ventricle. They sent us for an xray of his tummy which showed his tubing. The tubing had broken at some point and the bottom of the tubing, at some point, had stopped allowing it to drain.

As soon as the radiologist saw the broken tube our neurosurgeon was called and he came in. I headed home to grab the things I would need to sleep over and Dallas did the waiting. I got there after they had taken him in to surgery.

We talked with Dr. Elton after the surgery and waited to go back to recovery where we were met with a very very mad little dude. I didn't hold him in recovery just because of the extensive stuff done on his tummy.

So the medical part. The tubing had fallen to his tummy and they were not able to get it out without risk so they left it in. They shouldn't pose to much of a risk ( but this is Tyler) and we will get an ex ray of them in 2 weeks to check out where it all is. Because they were poking in his tummy it is VERY VERY sore.

He slept pretty good and was doing really well last night. After being up and down for a few hours this morning I finally asked them for some morphine. They gave it to him and he slept soundly for a few hours. Mom was awoke by all types of people needing to verify who they were touching ( even if I had been there all night and it was their 3rd time in )

He is up and moving ( slowly) tonight and we are so proud of him. He is eating, holding it down, dancing, jabbering and almost back to Tyler. He wants to walk but he is pretty sore so we hope it heals fast.

So the new and fixed (again) Tyler .

This is his head scar. He has it in the same place as his Craniosynostosis scar.



Showing his happy face and his leads. He has a hard time letting them take any tape off at the hospital. He screams. Instead we just bring him home and shower him and take them off Pain free.


Sporting the new dew. He just had it cut all cute and short. Now it is gone. There is not a bit of it left.

His new tummy scar. It isn't as bad as some of his others. It is not in the same place as his old one because there was already some scar tissue and it would have wrecked havoc on his bowels. (Thank goodness for small miracles when it comes to his neurosurgeon)


Him happy in his chair at home with mom and dad.I can't wait to get my house back in order and cleaned.


Ty sporting his Thomas balloon that we went and got at the gift shop. He deserved so much more than a balloon but he loves it.

In the end I am so grateful we went in. That we listened to that voice and anxiety that was there. I wish a million times over I was just over reacting. He is a miracle and we love him and we will keep hoping for more miracles.

Thank you to those who offered support by calling and texting. You are amazing.

13 comments:

Holly Steffen said...

what a miracle child.

my heart swells with love for him. =]

Grandma Labrum said...

Glad he is home and doing better. I guess you won't be asking my advice any time soon. I don't know anything. I just know that kids throw up! Glad you listened to yourself.

Josephine said...

Poor Ty. I hope he feels all better soon! The fact that he was smiling in that picture after all that shows what a trooper he is!

Unknown said...

We are so glad that he is home and doing better. That poor kid is going to win every "guess where I got this scar" contest! I know we are far away, but let us know if we can do anything.

This is just Chantel, not Ashlie and Chantel, but I am sure she sends lots of love too :)

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Man, kid can't catch a break! Good luck with recovery!!

Cheryl said...

Strength and courage: Ty and mommy and dad. Bless all your hearts.

Amber said...

I am SO glad to see that Tyler is feeling much better. I agree he deserves much more then a balloon, but so do you and Dallas!!!! I hope there aren't any more medical emergancies for quite awhile but it sounds like you have great doctors for when it happens again. Sure Love Ya!

Maloree said...

Wow! You and Dallas are amazing parents. You know Tyler so well. Go Tyler for being able to bounce back so quickly. Poor guy. Call me dumb, but I didn't realize he had tubes in his stomach. Give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry he had to go through this again. I hope he feels better soon.

His soft spot is gone again now right? Im so terrified that when Alos closes he will have a lot of problems.

Nicky said...

I look at my poor Bubba and it makes me want to cry! He is my lil hero! He is such a trooper! I am sending my love! I wish I was there.. If I can do anything let me know, I know I'm far!

Jen said...

I'm SO happy you all are home!

Erin said...

So glad Ty is back at home and doing better. Hospitals are good for many things but they are such a crappy place to recover with all the constant checks from various Dr.s, nurses, whoever. Makes it so hard for the poor little guy to get some rest. Glad you got him the morphine.

Anonymous said...

What a little trooper! Hope you are recovering well too.