Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The waiting....


I am sitting in the PCH waiting room waiting for my baby. Dallas had to work today so I am flying solo. I am sitting next to the NICU. Its a surreal thought to know that 3 years ago that was us. Sitting and waiting in anticipation wondering what will be happening to our child.

Now I do the same. Only I know he is going to be ok. I know that he will be fine and that taking these steps just makes his life better.

Still the heart wrenching, gut wrenching feeling of giving away my child is never gone. How is it that something so little can tug at your heart strings so much!

An hour.... just an hour.. Then my heart will be almost whole again.

5 comments:

carly said...

Hey! I have been in that waiting room by the NICU at PCH many many times! Each time, everything turned out OK. Keep up the positive attitude =)

nancy said...

Its a fabulous waiting room. Glad that we are home!! I swear today was the neurosurgeon day. I say Moss, Manwearing AND Shafron. Manwearing sent to in to ask me questions... I think I will charge next time.

Grandma Labrum said...

Glad to hear you are home. I will call as soon as I get home. Can't talk on the cell while driving!

carly said...

Moss put in Wesley's reservoir and Shafron was his Neuro from the time Wesley was 3 weeks to 3 years. They are great doctors.

Anonymous said...

I know the exact area you are referring to Nancy. Connor was in that very NICU for his last 3 weeks and we spent time in that area with Hunter alot! I wish I'd seen this post while you were there, I'd have came and "met" you finally and waited with you!! Everyone there is so wonderful and helpful! How did everything go?