Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Much Thanks


I am overwhelmed with thanks today as I sit here with Ty up dancing, smiling ( toothless as it is) and him home and MINE.

My list:

I am thankful for:

Dallas- He is my sound mind. He never lets my anxiety get to bad. He is always there when I need him and always says the right things. He is a wonderful Dad and it is awesome to hear and see him interact with Tyler and see how much love they both have.

Tyler- What a miracle. In 3 years he has gone through more than most people I know. He has been put through so much. None of it by choice. He always comes out with a smile. He has proven so many people wrong and has done all of the things that they have said he won't. I am so blessed to have him as mine. I wish everyone could know of the Spirit he has.

Family- I am so glad to have a wonderful family. Although we have walked through hardship, feelings and even mean stuff I am so glad that I have them. My sisters call ALL the time or we chat A LOT. My parents are more than willing to drop everything and come if I need them. My Husbands parents are very loving. We feel super lucky that they are Tyler's grandparents.

Friends- I have made a few good friends here in Arizona. Malloree and Mari are amazing. Malloree keeps me sane! She is someone I can call if I need anything. Her straight forward attitude is my favorite.

Doctors- I have some great Doctors. We have had a amazing team of doctors for Tyler in both states. I can't ask for more than that. His neurosurgeon has given me a huge peace of mind. His eye doc has awesome staffing. His dentist is great. His orthopedic doc has given us such hope. His orthotic dude, Brett is amazing and worked so hard to get braces that fit. And Dr. Carroll has been willing to write a referral for anything I want/need or desire to "try."

Medical advances- As I was sitting next to the NICU ( that is where the waiting room is) I can't help but be thankful for the medical advances that have gotten us where we are. My grandma lost 2 babies that now would have made it. How thankful I am that Tyler was born now instead of even ten years ago.

Without medical advances a shunt would not be possible. A heart defect like Tyler's would have made his bleeds worse causing possible death. Cerebral Palsy wouldn't have so many "treatments."

(And with out medicine my brother would be jobless... STILL)

Christ- My Savior, who made it all possible for me to understand some of the things that have happened. A testimony of Jesus Christ and his Atonement for me. Without the Atonement I would not be where I am. I would not be able to accept the things that have happened.

Eternal Families- I am so glad that my family is Eternal. Dallas and Tyler are so amazing I wouldn't want to be without them. I am thankful that the Gospel allows that to happen.

Money, food and a job- Times are tough. I am so thankful we have jobs and that we are "secure." We have insurance, food on the table and places of employment.

Health- We are all relatively healthy. Despite the above issues we aren't stuck in a hospital "serving time" but we are able to enjoy the time we have together.

Respite and Hab.- We have gotten us a good set of sitters for Ty. Kelsey especially is Tyler's favorite. She is amazing. The other 2 are great as well. Without family these come in handy!

I am also thankful for those who read and follow us. Tyler is one of the most amazing miracles we could ever ask for. I am so glad that we get to share him with others. Someday we hope his story will help some of you!

* A special thanks to the texts, comments, tweets and calls regarding Tyler and our well being*

3 comments:

Chantel said...

I am so glad that he is doing well :)

Madeleine said...

I'm thankful that you share your beautiful story with all of us in such a special way. Tell Ty Spencer says HI!!

Holly Steffen said...

=]