Sunday, December 2, 2007

What a night!!!!!

I had the most incredible evening with Dallas. It was absolutely surreal. It was wonderful.

We attended the Paypal corporate party. It was not just any party but one of those parties that you always hear about. You know.. the ones that end up with pictures for the year that can be used for blackmail.

It was held at the Mondrian hotel in old town Scottsdale. It is a VERY contemporary little place. Gorgeous and just like out of a movie. It was the party of the year. I felt a little under dressed but there were people who looked like they were on their way to prom. I wore a pink sweater and black dress pants. Dallas was in khaki dress pants and a black shirt. It had quite the range of attire.

The party had those cheese appetizers. Not like cheddar and Swiss but the strange smelly cheese. Drinks were served ( I had my coke with cherry in it :)) and then came the dinner. It was WEIRD. Everything was different than what we would have ever had. I tried almost all of it. So at the end of the night I had tried Tofu, scallops, coconut rice, ribs, lobster mashed potatoes, sea bass and yummy chocolate dessert. There was not one normal thing except the ribs. But we tried it. That is all that matters.

Then came for the fun part. The entertainment. This is where it got interesting. Although Dallas did win anything except for a nice fluffy pen that lights up on the end but they gave away nice diamond earrings, necklaces and of course the PS3.

They had a contest that involved dressing up someone in women's clothing. Lets just say, clothes were scarce on one of the participants. That is when the cameras came out and everyone was laughing.. HARD!! That poor guy... Blackmail forever.

Dallas and I got to dance for the first time ever. We have never danced together before. It was amazing. I loved being close to him and spending time with him. He is amazing and I love being with him all the time.

We left and waited for our car ( yep had Valet parking) and headed home. We stopped at a bookstore so I could get the next edition of my love affair and then we headed home.

All in all it was an amazing night. Go check out the pictures on the Mondrian website. What a fun little place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm jealous of all the cheeses! I heart cheese! Anyway, I need a favor. I don't know if you remember my little strawberry toybox but I really want to get one for Daphne. They're selling for like $60 on eBay.

However, I found one on Craigslist for $15 and it is in Phoenix. Would you possibly be willing to get it for me? I'd pay beforehand and whatnot. I don't know when you guys are coming up next, or if you could even fit it in the car, and if it wouldn't work for you to transport it I'd pay for shipping.

I've emailed the person but have yet to hear back. Here's the link:
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/bab/495287401.html

Crystal said...

Oh how fun! I am so glad you guys had such a wonderful time. If anyone deserves it, it's you two.

Leeann said...

Sounds like so much fun. I can't think of the last time I danced with my husband.