Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday 13


Thirteen Things we have tried to get Ty to sleep


1. Rocking him to sleep.
2. Giving him a bottle and letting him fall asleep.
3. Letting him go to bed almost asleep to fall asleep on his own. ( that one worked till we had a shunt problem)
4. Sleeping with us.
5. Bendaryl
6. Bendaryl with melatonin.
7. Melatonin alone
8. Crying it out ( HOURS went on and I couldn't do it any more)
9. Rocking him with Bendaryl, melatonin and a bottle.
10. Playing till he dropped. ( He never drops.. he just gets mean and onery and fussy.)
11. Playing and crying it out.
12. Ativan ( that worked like 2 times)
13. Chloral hydrate.

If anyone .. I mean ANYONE has any suggestions... PLEASE I think I am at deperations door!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish number 14 was - Having Grandma Brown rock him to sleep!

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

Hi,

I found you on the Thursday Thirteen hub...You sounded desperate. I am sorry to hear about your baby's sleeping troubles. My son didn't have trouble sleeping, so I don't really have any good advice.

How old is he? I don't think I read that. When my son was young, I would lay beside him until he fell asleep....sometimes, he just needed a calming back rub. Do you think his tummy is upset or other digestive probs...sometimes gas or tummy problems make for a very unrestful night. Sorry I couldn't really help, but I just wanted to reach out...I know being a Mom is hard.

I hope you and your hubby get some rest through all this. This can often take a toll on your relationship, too. Love on each other through this. :) Your friend in blogworld...Angie

Lisa M. said...

ZYPREXA

nancy said...

LOL thanks Lisa. I have a call into the Doctor who shall not be named!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Hang in there. Eventually he has to sleep. ;-)