Thursday, September 13, 2007

What is going on?

So it is currently 3:39 AM on Thursday morning. I walked in from work and saw Ty's door open. I walked into the kitchen to set down the bags of stuff ( I CANNOT come home with nothing from work. It is not possible) and went into my room to change into my nothings and you will never guess who was in my bed. That's right. TYLER!! Dallas is pretty much asleep and there is Tyler NOT asleep.

Tyler gets meds to help him sleep. I don't think they are helping.. DUH!! I have no idea what to do with this child. Luckily I don't work tomorrow and Friday we are going for his AFO's with shriners but this is NOT going to work. We thought we had found the perfect drug for this kid AND that we had escaped a visit to the "doctor that shall not be named" ( aka a neurologist) But there is nothing our ped can do at this point.

When Ty sleeps he is up at six. No fail. In fact he has gotten a second dose of his meds and he is UP and ready to go. When he is in a good sleeping habit so many things go Great. For example:
1)He gains weight. A huge thing in our house. The thought of having a 20 lb 2 year old is just sickening. He is FINALLY looking like a toddler with a little meat on his bones.
2) He makes great strides in his development. In the last month he has gotten strong enough to stand on his own and do it in the middle of the floor and want to walk. Huge stride for a preemie with his prognosis.
3) He takes better naps. I cringe with hatred at moms that mention their kids take three and four hour naps. Before our meds Ty would take ONE ... YES ONE 45 minute nap all day and be up between 3-6 times a night. See now you can see why it isn't hard to do a night shift. I wasn't getting much sleep any way.
4) He was just more pleasant. When he doesn't get enough sleep he is JUST LIKE HIS MOM. Crabby and mean. But a mean 2 year old sucks..

I can hear all the moms out there that think I am horrible for drugging my child but are you kidding. Do you know what I am doing right now? I am trying to stay awake.. Barney has been on for 20 minutes and the lights are off and everything is low. I have tried pulling his matress from his crib off and laying on the floor with him. I have tried a quiet room with no light. He has had his fill of chloral hydrate. Google that and tell me how in the HELL he is still awake. Even if he goes to sleep he will be up for the day at six. SIX!!

Then lets put together his activities for tommorow. Awake at six.. mom gets less than 3 hours of sleep. Therapist at 8:30 which will mean an hour of screaming and temper tantrums. Eye interventionist at 10:30 because his tired mom scheduled them accidently on the same day. Then lunch and a nap. HOPING that it will last more than an hour. Then up till 8. This kid is the energizer bunny and I can't stand it.

I have a ton of other things I was going to blog about but I think we are going to try the mattress on the floor in my room YET AGAIN!!

Any suggestions... PLEASE leave them

No comments: