Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a day!!

Yesterday we had the BEST day. We had our 2nd of MANY perinatalogy visits yesterday. We had really hoped to find out the gender but wanted to have it on Valentines day. She wasn't at the local hospital so we waited till Tuesday. We thought we would be having a more in depth but they will do the Fetal Echo and kidney scan in a few weeks.

When we got there we had to wait a little bit. The office isn't very big so we don't mind a small wait. With all the extra unnecessary stress the last 2 weeks I was VERY excited to see the little squirmy worm.

The ultrasound girl wasn't sure we would see the gender but she said she would "try." It was SOO good to see the baby. It is so reassuring to hear the baby. Not to mention see it. See the brain, heart, tummy and bladder.

Oh and did we mention. We know what we are having!! However, the blog world will have to wait. So if you are DYING to know.. send me an email! Or find us on facebook.

Everything looked great. We were about 50 percentile for everything. I don't mind being average. My cervix and all that stuff was amazing. We go back in for a scan in 2 more weeks and then a BIG BIG long scan 2 weeks after that.

THEN we start the scary weeks and then... WEEKLY. I can't believe how fast it is all going. It makes me very excited.

This morning I had ANOTHER appointment with the regular OB and he let me hear the heartbeat. It makes me feel so much better. I wish I could put that Doppler in my bag when I leave. I have lost weight and have no weight gain in the 16 weeks so he offered a few different nausea and vomiting meds. He isn't worried since I have some chubby to spare. My blood pressure is also down so no worries in that department.

I must say we are VERY excited and have gotten down to some nice planning. We are getting the p17 shots as of TODAY and they hurt a lot. We will also be getting steroid shots at 34 weeks.

No comments: