Wednesday, December 29, 2010

9 weeks 3 days..... or 4?

Our first appointment at the OB went OK. We had it before Christmas and we were right around 6 weeks. We knew we wouldn't see much but we still wanted to see something. After a regular ultrasound we had to switch to the trans vaginal one. We saw a sac and it was measuring right on but there was not much else that we could see. He reassured us, but he had a concerned look on his face. Asked us to come back in 2 weeks and we left.

I left nervous and kinda sad. We really had a hard time getting that thing in there and I really wanted to see what was going on. It was a long two weeks and I was extremely nervous. I have still had morning sickness and it has made me loss weight, ( hooray) and I feel sick a lot. Because I have been sick and could sleep all day, we knew that something was still going on.

Today, went much better. We skipped the whole regular ultrasound and went right to the trans vaginal one. We had to look above, below and push and prod. Finally, we settled for pushing on my upper outer uterus and down it came. The fetus had to get around a HORRIBLE scar. It leaves this HUGE shadow and streak right where it all is so in order to get a picture, we need to move the sac around the streak.

As soon as we did that, we saw a BABY! Not just a fetal pole or a dot but a BABY! Arms and tail and big head. it measured exactly 9 weeks 4 days and our dates are 9 weeks 3 days. He said give or take a few hours.

Tyler went with us today. We have really tried to include him as much as possible. We have talked about a baby and what is going on. He was there for the ultrasound and when he heard the baby he said " wow the baby is magic!" He also proceeded to ask what " grandpa is doing?" as my doc was trying to find this baby. We laughed so hard.

Over all it was a great, emotional relief to get to this point. A heartbeat is there. Beating at 188 BPM and I am already in love!! We are being sent to the perinatologist in the next few weeks to work on the next steps. Figuring out if a Cerclage is best or shots.

Back to our OB in 4 weeks, perinatology in between. We are going to see this Lumpy a lot!!

4 comments:

Marie said...

What a wonderful moment to see a baby for the first time! God bless you during your pregnancy. I had the shots last pregnancy and I called them my miracle shots. Our son was born at 30weeks and with the shots, our daughter was born on her due date. Amazing! Best of luck and will be praying for you.

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

Awesome. I think the shots are a miracle too!! I've been doing it for 2 weeks and my cervix went from 3.1 mm in length to 4.8 in 2 weeks!! I am so grateful for modern medicine!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

what a sweet sweet memory! YAY! Hope you got a picture to keep! :)

Prayers for thigs to go amazing the enitre time :)

Cynthia said...

Whew! Sounds like the doctors are on top of things!