Sunday, May 30, 2010

CBC 10 and more!

This past weekend I was able to go to the CBC ( or Casual bloggers conference) in Salt Lake. I was given amazing Complimentary tickets to attend and it was a FULL conference pass. I am so glad I went. It was very nice to met some faces behind the computer screen and I seriously THINK I met my new BFF ( and YES she knows I LOVE her!)

It will probably have to be a few posts because I have a photo session to edit, blogs to find and people to stalk so SORRY!

Thursday I contemplated not going to the girls night out. I have become a little socially anxious and unsure of myself since having Tyler. I use to feel that I was pretty outgoing but have felt a lot of changes in the last few years. Plus I hadn't felt well most of the week and wasn't as much of a help to Dallas and I thought I should stay home.

We decided that I would get ready, all of us go out to dinner and then I could go to the GNO. And that is what I did. I went.

When I walked into the room there were lots of people who were already friends and I didn't know a soul so I walked in and saw that there was a line of people waiting to do one of the activites they had so I walked up and started talking to the last person in line. I was so proud of my awkward self. And that is where I met my new BFF! ( Kristen is amazing and funny and we totally clicked) Her Sister in law was there with her and she does a food blog and I can't wait to try some of them. There at the GNO we bonded over Crafts.

What better way to bond than over crafts



The rest of the evening I felt so much more confidence and I made sure to try a little of every activity. I made lip gloss with a blogger that struggles with infertility, has 29 week twins, had my nails painted from someone who JUST graduated from high school and thought I was really young ( like 22) and met a amazing heart mommy who waxed my eyebrows, deals with fertility stuff and soon became a great friend.

I really liked meeting everyone and doing all the things that were presented. It was a learning experience that I want to do again.
The next morning.......Venue's, classes and lots of learning. Followed up by a migraine, vomiting and a LONG night sleep.

Stay tuned

2 comments:

Monica said...

I thought you were totally awesome and not awkward in the slightest. I'm stoked that you live within a reasonable distance to maybe do a park day or ladies lunch or something social and fun.

Stacie said...

It was so nice meeting you at CBC. I felt like you did. I was not too sure about being there and I'm not good at making conversation with people I don't know. Cindy (the mom of the 29 week-ers)dragged me there with her. Well, dragged is a harsh term. But still ;). I'm glad she did. It was a fun weekend, and I met a lot of amazing women. You included.