Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Nicky


This year is a hard year for Miss Nicky poo. She didn't have a good weekend but we hope that tomorrow she has a good day.

Some of the things that make Nicky Nicky is her amazing love for her family. She is so protective of the six kids that she is an Aunt to and she is so protective of her siblings. She has so much love that she just can't get enough of them.

She is always willing to do pretty much anything ( like drive 12 hours) to get one of them closer to her. She is thoughtful, caring, loving, selfless, compassionate and any other caring word you can think of.

A few stories I have of Nicky.

This year she is giving all the kids Build a bears. She is in love when they play and laugh and hug them. This last week we have seen Ty playing with this bear all day. He gives it hugs, he makes it dance. She has provided him with LOTS of love.

One of my most thankful times as a mom came in the midst of a shunt malfunction we didn't know about. She baby sat for me so I could go to therapy. She knew he was gonna be fussy and cry the whole time but she did it any way knowing that I really needed to go and she was willing to do it.

Another time was when Ty had one of his many brain surgeries. ( I am thinking it was one of his skull reconstructions because we were in the PICU) I had been up there all day and I was exhausted. I had held Tyler all day and I really needed to go potty and eat. All of a sudden up shows Nicky. All ready to take pictures and cuddle with Tyler. I am pretty sure she sat there for 2 hours just holding him. I couldn't have asked for a better and more grateful person to sit there for a sick baby and a needy sister. I was very thankful.

A favorite face and a time a tear was shed ( or two) was the first time she got to hold Tyler. She was so shocked and so excited. We put the little 3 pounder into her arms and she was just staring down at his sweet little face. After a few minutes she asked for a pillow because she was afraid she would drop him.

I think since then she hasn't been able to get enough. I know she can't get enough of the others. She is a great Aunt and a great sister. We hope she has a better day today and a great birthday.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

Thanks Nanc. I really needed it. I couldn't even get through the first line without crying. What can I say, I'm a Ware! It's true though, I love all my little kids. Seeing those kids this year love those Bears have been the highlight of my year. I didn't know how much they would love them. My weekend was really rough. My birthday always seems to be hard on me. I'm glad I get to spend it with the kids, hope I get lots of hugs and kisses from them. Love you guys

Grandma Labrum said...

For some reason your Scentsy thing on the side of your blog doesn't show up. Is it just my computer?