Thursday, September 30, 2010

Crafts

I recently saw a blog with a CUTE candy corn wreath on it. The wreath was recently featured on the cover of Women's day magazine. { Obviously NOT mine}

I didn't know if I was going to be able to pull off the wreath. I had never made one before and I was a little nervous. I decided to try it by going REALLY cheap and see if I could do it. Along with the wreath I have also seen several sites that have used only the dollar store. Since I was hoping to go see what I could find.

First up: A floral Styrofoam ring. This one is extremely smaller than the one featured. I really did want to make sure that I knew how to do this.

The original blog said to use black duck tape but I was at the dollar store and the only thing they had was black electric tape. So I bought it. I went ahead and used it. It seemed to work. So I used the whole roll and got the wreath covered in it.
Sorry.. there is no picture of black tape being wrapped. It went really fast.

Next is the candy! It needs to be out of the package and drying. Some suggest waiting a few days. I was not going to wait but I did leave it out for a few hours.


Here is it. It is not the prettiest thing ever but the further away it is the cuter it is.



And this is the finally result. I got the candy corns at the dollar store and the ribbon was from there too. It took about 1.5 bags to do the small wreath. I would like to try again and learn how to do the rows a little better. But it was a lot of fun.

Anyone willing to try with me!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad you did this! I saw the wreath on the magazine cover while standing in line but didn't have time to see how they made it. I'm definitely going to try it and post it to my blog :) I love your creativity!