Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The New Preschool


Ty had another "first" Day of school today. I was not expecting him to get to stay and enjoy the day but the very nice and YOUNG teacher was so happy to have him she asked if he could stay.

So here is the story!

Ty had yet another morning of sleeping in my bed. We are not sure what the deal is. We are looking at getting him a more comfy bed and not his toddler bed. But anyway, with him sleeping with me he tends to sleep LONGER than his normal 6 am wake up. He sleeps in till 8 or even after. Its kinda nice. (Even if I can't move and my butt falls asleep or my arms cramp!) His school is around 8:30 am ( or so I thought) so I figured I didn't know if he could stay or not but what the heck, we will go when I get ready and fill out paper work and see if he can be entertained a little.

We got there around ten when play time and free time was going on. His very young and fresh out of college teacher came over and Ty went off to play. He played in the play food for awhile and me and Miss Holly chit chatted a little.

She decided in order to get all his therapy in he needed to be there all four days! I was SOOOOO glad. It isn't that I don't want my kiddo home, I love him home. He just gets bored. He has no siblings ( no we don't want to produce one either) and he cant' just get on his bike and ride around the neighborhood so we are a little limited in the activities that we can do or stand to do for very long. ( today we blew bubbles for 2 hours. NOT KIDDING)

We got a few things set up, she asked questions and asked if he wanted to stay for the last hour. I gave her my number and said I would be outside after I got a book. I ran to the kiddie library on the corner to get story time hours and grabbed my book from home and read in the parking lot and watched.

Soon after i parked and waited Ty and his class came out. I was saddened that he didn't want to play on the slide and he kinda just sat on the edge of the cement. BUT sure enough a few minutes later he was up and going. He followed the kids to the play set and he was off. You could see how happy he was going up and down the slide. He threw a ball back and forth with a little boy and when the little boy realized that Ty couldn't see to catch the ball he would bring the ball over to him and then run back to catch it. I almost started to cry!

At the end of the day Ty's class walked out holding onto the rope and there was my Happy Tyler. He jabbered at me, bent over to throw rocks and was a HAPPY kid the rest of the day.

I half wonder if he is bored. Sadly I can't entertain him all day everyday but I am glad that he is getting the help he needs and the entertainment by the other kids. It is so helpful for him.

There are so many things I want him to do and see and belong to. But mostly I just want what any parent wants. To have them be wanted, needed and loved. School gives him a smile and friends. I really think that everyone just needs ONE friend.

Oh and Ty is going to school Tuesday-Friday 9-12. In a week or so the bus will be here to pick him up and drop him off.

And on another note I start school tomorrow for Phlebotomy and have also started selling Scentsy candles. Let me know if you want me to take your blood or if you opt No thanks at least by a yummy smell!!

3 comments:

Nicky said...

sounds like ty had a great day at school. I hope he enjoys school, and it sounds like you will be a little more at ease with him at school.

Tammy said...

Too bad you aren't closer, he could have two little friends to play with all day if ya wanted! and you could get paid!

Madeleine said...

So happy he had a good time at his new school. Tell him Hi from Spencer..